An expression that is searched by many internauts is “how to conceive a girl diet“. This is due to the fact that, over the last few years, more and more couples are trying to set – before conception – the gender of their future babies; and they want to do it naturally. But the scientists (at least the great majority of them) are very categorical in this regard: the only two methods that reliably influence the sex of a baby, prior to conception, are: PGD with IVF (Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis with In Vitro Fertilization) and MicroSort (which is still an experimental procedure). However, some researchers think that the foods parents (especially the woman) eat before conception will influence the gender of their offspring. This article reveals the diet method for conceiving a child of the desired gender – more precisely, the diet to conceive a girl.
The diet gender-selection technique has been studied since the beginning of the twentieth century. In the 1930s, the respected European scientist Dr. Curt Herbst (experimental embryologist, director of the Zoological Institute in Heidelberg) discovered that mineral manipulations can influence the gender of worms and taurines (he noticed that diets rich in salt result in much more bulls than heifers). This was a wonderful and promising scientific discovery for the couples trying to have a baby of a desired sex – in the present case, for the parents in search of a diet for conceiving a girl.
Afterwards, Dr. Joseph Stolkowski (a well-known European doctor, chairman of the Physiology Department of the “Pierre and Marie Curie University” in Paris), in collaboration with Dr. Jacques Lorrain (director of Research Unit in gynecology-endocrinology, reproduction medicine and menopause, of the “Sacre-Coeur Hospital” in Montreal), conducted a research, trying to find out if the human sex ratios can be influenced by the diet.
From 1970 to 1980, the two doctors asked to more than 200 women – who wanted to have babies of a certain gender – to follow two different diets, for a period of a month to six weeks before they become pregnant. For the women wondering “how to conceive a girl“, diet they had to follow was the pre-pregnancy “girl diet”, which was saltless and rich in dairy products (for their calcium and magnesium). On the other hand, the women aiming for a boy followed the pre-pregnancy “boy diet”, which was rich in salty foods (for their sodium and potassium) and poor in dairy products. These women’s husbands had to follow the same diet to conceive girl (as their wives), mainly for psychological reasons. The result of the study was that 80 % of the couples conceived a baby of the desired gender.
The conclusion of this research (published in 1980, in the “International Journal of Gynaecology and Obstetrics”) is this: women aiming for a girl should eat – for a period of about six weeks before conception – the following foods to conceive a girl: foods rich in calcium and magnesium (such as cheese, milk, beans, nuts, cereals, vegetables), but low in salt and potassium (bread and pastries without salt are allowed).
Although there is no scientific proof for the theory discovered experimentally by Drs. Stolkowski and Lorrain, this diet method (in this case, the diet for conceiving a girl) works on most cases, if followed correctly. Starting from this trailblazing research, a couple of scientists (such as Dr. François Papa – an obstetrician gynecologist at the “Port-Royal Maternity” in Paris) organized similar studies, in order to verify this diet method (for setting the baby’s gender) and also to determine a more specific diet the women must follow for being more likely to give birth to a child of the desired gender (more precisely, he tried to discover what are the foods for conceiving a girl).
All the researchers that have deepened the diet method discovered by Drs. Stolkowski and Lorrain, came to the same conclusion – which, referring to baby girls, is this: the women who want to give birth to a girl, must follow – for a period of about six weeks before getting pregnant – the preconception “calcium and magnesium diet”, which consists in the foods to help conceive a girl, which are the foods rich in calcium and magnesium and poor in salt and potassium. (Their husbands should follow the same diet for the same period.) Thus, the allowed (and also recommended) foods for the couples wondering “What to eat to conceive a girl?”, are: milk, beans, unsalted nuts, broccoli, whole-grain cereals, vegetables, unsalted cheese, bread and pastries, and fruits poor in salt – such as apples, pears, strawberries, raspberries, clementines, etc.
There are a couple of important things you should be aware of before deciding to follow this diet method – the diet to conceive a girl:
1. If you suffer from high blood presure, you must NOT follow this diet !!! Other contraindications of the girl diet are: heart diseases, excess of calcium in the blood, kidney problems, gallstones, etc.
2. Before following any diet, you should consult your physician ! Ask him/her if you suffer from any ailment that might prevent you from following this dietary method (which consists in the foods to eat to conceive a girl). It’s also recommended to ask your physician or gynecologist to monitor your health condition during this diet.
3. While following this diet, be sure to avoid the nutritional deficiencies. (In fact, the main criticism of this dietary method is that it is completely unbalanced, which is totally inadvisable for a future mother.) You must know that it’s dangerous to follow an extreme and prolonged diet, because such a diet – especially when it comes to the diet for conceiving a girl – might cause bone structure problems or other illnesses. Women on the girl diet must be very careful not to acquire ailments like: too much calcium in your blood, kidney problems, excessive nervousness, etc.
4. After the moment you become pregnant, you (and your partner) must stop following this diet. If, after following this “calcium and magnesium diet” for a period of two or three months, you don’t get pregnant, you should stop following it.
5. Following the guidelines of this diet method doesn’t guarantee you will conceive a girl. This method’s chances of success are generally estimated to 80 %. So, following this diet only increases the likelihood of conceiving a girl. Diet method described above doesn’t even guarantee that you get pregnant.
6. This diet method is valid only BEFORE getting pregnant. The dietary method discovered by Drs. Stolkowski and Lorrain doesn’t work after you conceive. Once you get pregnant, the sex of your baby is already established and there is nothing you can do to change it (AFTER the moment of conception). So, after you become pregnant, the best thing you can do (concerning your diet) is to eat normally (during pregnancy, you should eat the foods recommended for every pregnant woman, regardless of your baby’s gender), so that both you and your baby to be healthy. I hope that this article (that you are reading because you have searched “how to conceive a girl diet“) is really helpful to you !